- Chatham-Kent, ON
The Social Worker is a cooperative member of the Chatham Kent Women’s Centre Inc. which includes continuous quality improvement while providing individual and group clinical therapeutic counselling, crisis intervention, advocacy, support, and education regarding abuse and domestic violence.
The Social Worker supports the delivery of services from a feminist perspective to empower women to live a non-violent and safe lifestyle.
The Social Worker is expected to have full knowledge of, and to follow the Philosophy, the Guidelines for Personnel Policies & Practices, and the Policies & Procedures of the Chatham Kent Women’s Centre Inc. while maintaining client confidentiality.
- M.S.W. or equivalent combination of education and related experience;
- Two years working experience in the Violence Against Women sector is an asset;
- Knowledge regarding abuse and the dynamics of violence against women and domestic violence;
- Counselling experience to include Case Management and Caseload Planning;
- Two years working experience providing individual and group clinical therapy an asset;
- Participation in program evaluation as required;
- Knowledge of community supports for women and children;
- Crisis Intervention Training an asset;
- Bilingualism in both official languages is an asset;
- Must be community minded with excellent public relations skills;
- Must produce an approved Police Record Check including Vulnerable sector and screening;
- Current CPR and First Aid certification an asset.
For full job description please see our website at www.ckwc.ca, under employment opportunities.
Please quote comp # 2018-170(1) in the subject line when applying.
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Applications for this position must be received by October 25, 2018.