Healthy Youth Relationship Worker
The Healthy Youth Relationship Worker is a cooperative member of the Chatham Kent Women’s Centre Inc., which includes continuous quality improvement while providing individual and group counselling to children/students attending schools within the Lambton-Kent District School Board school system.
- Child and youth Counsellor diploma and/or related degree/diploma with a child development focus;
- Minimum three years’ experience in providing group and individual counselling to child/youth violence clients;
- Knowledge regarding the dynamics and effects of violence against women and child witness of violence and abuse;
- Knowledge of community supports for women and children;
- Bilingualism in both official languages is an asset;
- Current CPR and First Aid certification required;
- Must produce an approved Police-Vulnerable Sector check;
- A valid Driver’s License, a Driver’s Abstract completed results of which must be satisfactory, access to a reliable vehicle and is able to be insured by agency’s service provider
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide individual and group psycho-educational sessions with children and youth (school-based) within the Lambton-Kent school system;
- Deliver the H.E.A.R.T. and R.E.A.L. programs to students (school-based) within the Lambton-Kent school system;
- Provide information, support, advocacy and referrals to students, teachers, and parents within the Lambton-Kent school system;
Please email Cover Letter and Resume to the Executive Director at email@example.com and quote Comp # 2019-181(2) in the subject line.
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Applications for this position must be received by May 8, 2019