Application for Membership
The Chatham Kent Women’s Centre’s Board is looking to attract new board members who truly appreciate the vision of this organization and are able to volunteer their time and talents. We are actively searching for nominees.
If you would like to join a diverse group of individuals who share a common cause – offering services to victims of domestic abuse and programs here in the municipality of Chatham-Kent, we encourage you to contact us…the rewards are bountiful!
Eligibility Requirements for Candidates
- To have a commitment to provide quality services to the victims of domestic abuse.
- Able to demonstrate a willingness to learn and understand the Women’s Centre’s philosophy, mission and history.
- Able to demonstrate the ability to be a team participant, bringing a consensual approach to decision making.
- In compliance with conflict of interest guidelines as outlined in the By-laws.
- A resident of the Chatham-Kent area.
- A positive attitude that would bring enthusiasm, energy and passion to our cause
Significant practical experience in area(s) that would further the work and function of the Organization including:
- employment or volunteer work in personnel,
- planning, administration,
- finance, legal,
- marketing, communications and public relations,
- health care, community development
Previous experience on a board or committee is desirable, but not necessary, however a willingness to learn and to serve in a collaborative way is key.
Download your application now.